Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's COLD outside!

Since my last posting, we had a busy weekend. Will's brother, sister-in-law and our beautiful niece and nephew came for a visit. It was so nice to catch up with and relax on Saturday. Will, the kids and I went to church Sunday morning. Pastor Jim hit another homer. How DOES he always seem to know exactly what I need to hear?! After church we raced home to get ready to hit the road for our riding lesson. I made grilled cheese, we all changed, putting lots of layers on since it is bitterly cold here. Tristan rode his favorite, Pipi a pretty pinto pony. This mare has it all. She is gorgeous, smart and can move! In fact, I love to ride her too. She has a nice trot and great lope! Tristan had a fantastic ride. He was hooting and hollering cause he got Pipi into a trot. Mind you, Tristan is almost 5, is over 3ft tall but weights 34 lbs soaking wet. He looks so small, even on Pipi!! I was super excited as this was the first time he wanted to go "fast". Normally he is perfectly content to just walk in circles. The smile on his face was enough to bring tears to my eyes. That was Sunday and he was STILL talking about it tonight. He is ready to go back! I rode our almost 4 year old gelding Palmer. Brock is pretty sure Palmer has grown since the last time we brought him in to ride. Guess we will have to measure him again!! But I think Brock is right cause he lookd just as tall as Airiah now. Well, that and I really needed the mounting block to get in the saddle! haha. Palmer did well, but I had a time getting him into a lope. We just have to keep riding. I wish that we had an arena so I could ride at night after Tristan and Jayden are in bed. Some day... In the mean time, COME ON SPRING!!! Well, it is past my bedtime, so I am signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment