Thursday, February 14, 2013

Long time, no talk...

So it has been ages since my last post. Well, let me tell you about it. Winter (crazy Illinois weather that is) AND small children. What a great breeding ground for illness. So there you have it. I have been cleaning up after my poor babies (the two legged ones that is) for four days. Bless their hearts, they were soo sweet throughout it all, but oh the horrible messes. Trust me, I will spare you the gross details! Thank the Lord above, I think we are all healthy again. I did manage to get some book work done for the farm while the kids were napping. But I really think I should have napped too... Meanwhile, Will has gotten a lot of work done on the barn!! He pretty much has the birthing stall done. Once the work on the floor and it should be ready and we will move Airiah over. She will have her own stall and a nice little paddock all to herself until the baby gets here. Will started on the next stall putting the walls up. It is amazing how much he has gotten done. The tack room is looking great too. We even have a window! Will took in 3 saddles we had for various repair work. The gentleman told Will it would be a while. So, I figured several months since he would be tearing them down to make sure they were structurally sound, giving them a good cleaning and then making any repairs. It has only been a couple weeks, I think since then?? The gentleman called this morning to say the were done!!! Some great news. We will pick them up Sunday after our riding lesson. Will got a call from one of his aunts yesterday saying that his uncle passed away. I only met him once unfortunately, but he seemed very kind. I know he is going to be missed by a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment