Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CBC Trek

Sunday was a whirlwind.  We made it to church, raced home, ate a quick lunch and outside we went. Our awesome AWANA Jr. high group and the Sr. high group were coming for a bonfire and s'mores fest at Hardenbergfriesians Farm.  It was pretty exciting for us.  We raced around finishing up a few small chores.  I made several attempts to get Jayden down for a nap, but she pulled out all her tricks on me.  Tristan of course was not a problem.  He doesn't want a nap, but he is out about as soon as his head hits the pillow.  Will finally got Jayden to lay down in our bed with Cinderella on.  Five minutes later, she was out.
Once the group was there with our friends (and youth group leaders) Katy and Alex, we got to cooking the hot dogs over the fire.  S'mores were made... And then the rain came down on us.  It was pretty funny watching the kids run here and there for cover.  The rain let up and we pulled Palmer and Bella out for a Friesian parade.  They were led all over the place, down the road, etc.  They behaved very well.  Such good babies.  I am pretty upset with myself...  I need to somehow attach my camera to my head so I don't miss another photo op.  what is wrong with me?!
Mom and I went to Jo-Ann's Fabric in Galesburg Monday night.  We bought some material to make costumes for the costume class at the Galesburg shows.  I can't wait.  Guess I am still a little girl at heart.  I LOVE to get dressed up.  My Mom is the greatest!!  I know she isn't really crazy about sewing, but I almost think she is as excited as I am.  Haha!!
We found a couple bales of grass hay, but we are still looking for more.  Ms. LemonDrop can't have the alfalfa rich hay that we use for the Friesians.  If you are local and know anyone with good quality grass hay, please let me know.
Sadly, it is time to get to bed.  Chores are taking 1/2 an hour even with Will and I working together.  Maybe cause I spend to much time loving on them?  But how can I not??

No comments:

Post a Comment