Monday, July 22, 2013

Timing is everything

We had church Sunday, and I am so eternally grateful that Will decided to fill in for me in the nursery.  Otherwise I would have missed THE BEST service I have ever been to.  I need to start carrying a box of kleenex to CBC with me.  I was sobbing tears of joy listening 9 people give their lives to Jesus, they ranged from 6 years old to 49 years young.  It was amazing to hear all their trials and how God brought them through.  I don't think there were many dry eyes in the house Sunday.  It was an exhilarating service.  Our Church is also going to be providing the music on August 2 at the Knox County Fair, there was the Sidewalk Vacation Bible school last week, VBS this week, the church picnic at our farm this Sunday.  There are so many exciting things going on at church!!

As for that whole, Timing is everything...  Apparently, I don't have the best...  Dr. Keller came out to ultrasound Bella to see if she was in season.  Tristan was helping me with Bella.  He was very interested in what Dr. Keller was going to be doing, but I figured it would be better for him to "help" keep Bella still at her other end that be right in middle of it all at other end.  He still decided that being a vet is NOT what he wants to do when he grows up.  Darn it!!  How handy would that be?!  But, he did really well, was quiet (amazing feat for Tristan), did what I asked, and didn't whine.  I was proud of him.  Sadly, Dr. Keller told me that Bella had just been in less that 48 hours ago.  Not the best of news.  We were hoping to take her to Horsemeister tonight to have her first "date" with Evan.  Now we will have to give Bella a shot on Monday to bring her back into season then a week from this Thursday she will go to Horsemeister.  

Horsemeister has three phenomenal stallions.  We couldn't use Valiant on Bella as they are 1/2 brother and sister.  Killian is so handsome.  We went with Evan.  I have seen him several times, but I am so ready to see him up close.  He is so impressive and hairy.  Which is good with Friesians.  ;)

Our friend/webmaster is working on a total overhaul on our website.  I am very anxious to see the outcome.  I really like our website now, but I think this is really going to be much easier to navigate.

If you haven't heard, I finally got our facebook page for the farm set up.  Send Hardenberg Friesians a facebook friend request!!!  I am going  to try to be better about posting on there.  Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment