Saturday, May 18, 2013

Lobster Red

I have to say, this has been an AMAZING day.  Will worked outside this morning while I did some laundry, dishes and general house work.  The kids were playing great.  We did snack time, worked on numbers.  Then Tristan, Jayden and I went outside, sorry house chores, you will have to wait!  It was beautiful out.  I have waited all winter for this!!  So, flower beds were cleaned out, we moved Airiah and Nevar into the orchard paddock (maybe we need to start naming the paddocks so it isn't so confusing?!?! NAH!), cleaned water troughs.  Sounds boring, but I was loving it.  T & J were so good.  We had a quick lunch, the kids went down for their naps without a fuss.  So, we took advantage and saddled Palmer and Bella up.  Didn't go anywhere but around the house.  BUT, here is the kicker....  Will and I have waited 4 LONG years to be able to ride our horses together.  We had a great time.  We even talked about how when the kids are older, how we will be able to do this together all the time.  Now, some people are probably thinking, these two are crazy/weird/strange/etc.  But this is what we love, being together, working together, taking a break to ride the most beautiful horses in the world and to top it off, we are doubly blessed with two wonderful kids who seem to love the horses just as much as we do.  I have to say, other than the day we got married and the days our kids were born, today was the best day ever.  I am a very blessed woman to have a husband that is as horse crazy (or at least close!!!) as I am.
We also got another side of the "orchard paddock" shelter done today.  Only one more side to go!!
For any of you that are in the area, we are hoping to go to the Galesburg Boots & Saddle Show tomorrow (weather permitting).  Starts at 9:30 a.m.  Have a great night!
Almost forgot...  yes, I am burnt, thus "Lobster Red".  But it is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment