Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Lots of work

Nevar is two weeks old today!!  He is such a handsome little man.  He has been purchased by a young lady that I am sure is going to love him as much as we do.  It is bittersweet to sell him since he is the last Raven baby we will ever have born at our farm.  But we are confident that his new owner will take very good care of him.  He will go to his new home in August after he is weaned.  I promise to post a video of him once I can get the files to our IT genius.
Shadow turned one yesterday.  Gosh, all the "babies" are growing up.  I have literally spent hours brushing her to get her "Wooly mammoth" winter coat off.  I can see the beautiful black coat coming through.  And the feather...  Oh my goodness this girl has LOTS of it.  She is quite impressive.  I think after I get her a good scrub down and brush her again, she is going to look like the princess she is. ( haha.  Sorry, that is one of Jayden's favorite words to say right now.)  Will has been working hard on a shelter in the paddock by the orchard.  He is almost done!! So we will be able to move Airiah and Nevar up there during the day and bring them back to the barn in the evenings.
Tomorrow is going to be a wild one.  After a long day at work, Will is going to softball and Tristan and I will be going to riding lessons.  Jayden gets to hang out with her Nana and Papa for a while.  Should be interesting as Will seems to assume that I am going to be fine to hook up the trailer to the tahoe( never done it myself before...  I have helped, but that is not the same), pull it out of the shed without demolishing the trailer or the shed, get my tack loaded, get Palmer loaded, get Tristan and I changed and on the road by 6...  Considering I don't get off work until 5, have to pick up Tristan from school, and then a 20 min drive home.
I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment