Sunday, August 4, 2013

Short weekend

So much to do and never enough time.  We spent the majority of the weekend outside.  This weather is amazing, and I have the mild sunburn to prove it.  Saturday I did do a ton of laundry and house work, but I still have a stack of dishes that are screaming to get done.  Will's Dad made a surprise visit to drop off some off the stuff he had from Grandma Moser's home.  Will and his Dad went out and worked on fencing and in the barn while I got dinner thrown together.  Somehow, we managed to sleep til 9 am today.  Not sure what happened to both our cell phone alarms and the clock alarm, but we woke up to Jayden crying.  I looked at the bedroom clock and about fell over.  I found Tristan in the living room watching a movie.  We are normally up and going by 6 am on Sundays.  Needless to say, we missed church.  Not a good way to start off our week.  After breakfast, we did chores and started in on a couple projects.  Around 1:30, Ms. Paula, one of the kids' teachers brought her daughter and grand daughter out.  They helped me brush Lemon Drop down and put some braids in her mane.  Then I saddled her up and lunged her.  She was full of get up and go.  I was thoroughly enjoying watching her really pick up her feet, she even arched her neck real pretty.  I wonder if she was enjoying all the attention she was getting??  Needless to say, she was a beautiful girl!  Sandria (not sure if I am spelling your name right dear...) went first.  We stayed at a walk as Ms. Sandria has a broken arm.  Then Breanna took a turn.  We got into a nice little trot.  I was really happy with Lemon Drop's behavior.
They all wanted to see Palmer, so we took a walk to the orchard.  Sandria fed him an apple, being the gentleman he is, he nuzzled on them both.
Tristan told me Saturday that he thought Palmer was sad and lonely.  He "listens" to the horses by putting his ear up to their flank.  It is really cute to watch.  Maybe he will be the next horse whisperer??  I figured it is probably time to put him out with the rest of the herd since he is all by himself with Bella being at Horsemeister on her first date...  Palmer did well.  In fact, Nevar was chasing him across the dam, then Palmer chased him back.  Lemon Drop and Airiah were waiting in case they were needed.  Those two mares have really bonded.  It is nice to see Airiah developing such a strong friendship.
We are going to have a house full this week.  Chris' family is coming to stay with us while Chris is at a seminar for work.  The kids are going to have a blast chasing each other around.  Samantha and I are going to have our hands full! haha!!
Sorry,  this really isn't my best post, but I am so tired.  It has been a very busy weekend.   Thanks for reading and please let me know what you would like to hear more of!!

No comments:

Post a Comment