Monday, March 4, 2013

Amazing weekend

I know, I know.  Sounds cheesie,  but yes it really was a great weekend.  Will and I took Tristan and Jayden to Springfield for the Illinois Horse Fair.  We wondered around a little, found HorseMeister, Inc and their beautiful stallions Valiant and Evan, and several of their mares.  They also had their vaulting team there.  We hung out with them for a while.  They were super busy, so we moved on to see what else was there.  None of us had ever had the chance to go to the Horse Fair before.  We walked through the for sale barns.  Saw one pretty grey we all liked and then a pure bred Friesian mare that Will and I loved.  She was spectacular.  Needless to say, we didn't have the trailer with us.  Probably a REALLY good thing!  haha.
We made our way to the coliseum to watch Ms. Judy's horses perform (video).  Oh... Words escape me.  Tristan and Jayden were pretty much DONE with the parade of horses at this point, but the organizers knew what they were doing, they saved the best for last.  Both my two legged kids sat and watched the "Evil Queen of Maquon" rode out pulling the Lady of the Lake.  It was beautiful.  I think the kids would have watched a much longer performance.  I know I would have!  
We walked over to the barn Ms. Judy was in and congratulated them on a beautiful showing.  
The sale barn was calling to me, so we walked through again.  I think next year we will be taking our foals we have for sale.  What a great opportunity to meet people and show the beauty of the Friesian breed.  
Amazingly, in such a huge crowd, we ran into our trainers, Brock and Britney.  It is always good to get a chance to chat with them.  We are looking at taking Bella to them on Thursday to start her under saddle.  I can hardly wait.  She is going to be a knock out!  
This morning we had a fantastic group for Sunday school.  They are so much fun to work with.  We are so blessed.  Church service today blew me away.  We had the "electric service".  I haven't ever had the chance to go when they had this service, so I was excited to begin with.  They band and the singers gave it their all.  My Mom had my niece Taylor there too.  So, my kids were loving it.  Tristan was singing to the songs, Taylor was clapping and dancing with Jayden on her hip.  And Jayden was loving every minute of her Taylor time!  It was a fantastic service!!  Thank you to those that made it happen today. 
To top it off, I got outside this afternoon and spent two hours with my four legged babies.  We got a little video of them all playing in the pasture (or should I say mud pit???).  Hoping to get it cleaned up and posted here in the next couple days.  So, check back on our website please!  I took a couple pictures of them, but they are so dirty.  I will post them anyway, just so you can see updates on them.
I will try to get them loaded soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment