Friday, March 8, 2013

Isabella's Song goes to school

What a phenominal day yesterday was!  We were all very excited.  My Mom was taking Tristan and our friend's daughter that is at the same day care on a field trip.  They are "boy friend and girlfriend."  We joke with our friends that they are going to get married when they grow up cause we all get along so well, we thought that would be perfect!!  But anyway...  So the field trip.  My Mom said Tristan and his girlfriend were holding hands while they should have been walking single file and they got in "trouble".  I just have this visual in my head, and it cracks me up.  Then after the field trip, Tristan and Jayden were going to spend the night at Nana & Papa's. Yep!!  A night without kids.  This is a very rare treat for Will and I.  So...  What did we do?!  We got the horse trailer out and a couple of horses,  Palmer first.  I lunged him a little.  He was feeling a little frisky!  Then brought him up to the trailer.  He needed a little encouragement, but he went in great.  Then Ms. Isabella's Song (a.k.a. Bella).  She will be three the end of this month and bless her heart has only been on a trailer once when we moved the horses from my Aunt and Uncle's, who were kind enough to allow us to keep the horses at their place until we found a home where we could have them there.  So, Bella, being a true Raven offspring stepped up, put her front feet in, checked out the trailer a minute.  Nuzzled her brother, and then walked right in.  Honestly, I just can't say enough about how amazing the Friesian horse is, and then throw in the Raven blood line.  Well, you just CAN'T go wrong with these horses. 
We got to Brock & Britney's place, unloaded and took them in the arena.  Bella was nervous, but was a very good girl, she didn't bauk, she didn't protest, she was asked, he waited a beat, and she did what she was asked to do.  Brock took her in the riding area, led her up to one of the monster balls the horses play with.  She wasn't real interested.  Brock walked her around a bit and then put her in a stall.  She hesitated, but then again, she went right in. 
You see, Palmer is usually pretty hard to get into a lope when we are riding inside.  He just doesn't want to do it, he is pretty laid back, and would rather be lazy.  But once he gets going, he has a "wild" lope and then usually just stops dead in his tracks.  Will had been giving me grief about it that I can't get him going.  So, I figured it was high time he rode him to see the challenges I have been dealing with.  My beloved husband is just kinda one of those naturally good at just about everything.  So, he rides pretty well, of course...  Well, Palmer showed him.  Brock gave Will pointers and finally Will was getting him into the lope.  Meanwhile I was riding Brock and Britney's horse, Thunder.  He and Palmer could pass for twins.  They look so much alike.  I love to ride him.  I saw Will having success on Palmer, so I wanted to see what he would do if I was riding him.  He of course gave me a little more trouble, but I got him into the lope multiple times.  The start of his lope is really rough going, but once he gets going, wow...  Palmer was sweating up a storm by this point, so I walked him around.  Without my leading, he walked up to one of those monster balls I mentioned earlier and started pushing it around.  He was cracking me up.  He just had this great workout and he still wanted to play! 
Anyway, it was a great night!  We really enjoyed it. 
A HUGE thank you to Brock and Britney again for everything!!

1 comment: