Monday, March 25, 2013

Taxes

Finally, taxes are done.  What a huge relief to be able to say that.  I have been working long hours at night trying to make sure I had everything done and done correctly.  This is not an easy feat to accomplish when you work full time, you spouse works full time, trying to "repurpose" (my new favorite word) our dairy barn, spend time with our kids before we blink and they are teenagers, and MAYBE spend an evening together relaxing.  Oh wait...  That last part, does that ever really happen?!?  Nahh!  But it is so worth it.  Here we are, enjoying living in the country, we both have wonderful jobs with people we care about, we are so blessed with our family who have been nothing but supportive of us, we have a wonderful church family, two amazing kids, two sweet dogs, a cat and our beautiful horses!  Is the relief of the taxes being done going to my head?  Maybe just a little.  

Will brought home a very large truck bed full of square bales tonight.  We were really hoping not to have to buy more hay, but the weather is no helping at all.  So, more hay it is.  Hopefully this load will be the last until fall??  

I have been carefully watching our mare Airiah for signs that she is getting close to having this foal.  The poor thing looks miserable.  She is just enormous.  Friday I had checked her bag, but as I expected, it hadn't changed at all.  Yesterday afternoon, the bag has started to fill.  So, it will again be ring around the horsey, moving everyone around to get settled for the arrival of our new Raven baby.  Tristan asked me tonight what we are going to name the new foal.  I had a list of potential names, but Will wasn't real keen on any of them.  So, back to the drawing board.  If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.  

My thoughts keep going back to Bella.   I must confess, I can hardly wait to bring her home.  We are going to be hiring babysitters once in a while now so we can get out and ride!!  Fingers crossed this is going to be a great summer!

Jayden is crying, refusing to go to sleep, so I have to sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment