Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snow?!?

Rachel (www.momentscapturedbyrachel.com) posted the pictures she took of my baby girl Jayden.  I am struggling to pick which ones to get.  I have several that I know without a doubt, but then there are so many that I like, I am just not sure.  Rachel really caught the true Jayden; the sweet side, the tom boy side and the complete onry side.  Needless to say, no matter which ones we get, they are going to be awesome.  Thank you Rachel!!  I promise to try to make up my mind mind in the next day or two.

Wednesday night we had AWANA.  They were very talkative.  We had some lively discussions   But it was a good night.  We have one more night to teach this coming Wednesday, then a week off and then carnival night will wrap up this year.  This was our first year teaching AWANA.  It has been an honor being a part (even if it is a small part) of these kids lives.  Kids are such a blessing, we just pray that we can help them and be the best example we can possibly be.  

We had the pleasure of our beautiful 9 year old niece Taylor spend Friday night with us.  What a great way to start our weekend!  Tristan, Taylor and I drove down to B&B's Saturday morning to see Bella being trained.  HOLY SMOKES, that girl is amazing.  They pulled her out of the paddock, saddled her up, and Brock climbed on.  No lunging.  She was very impressive.  Mind you, she has only been there for two weeks and three days as of today.  Brock is so impressed with the Raven babies and how easily they train.  They are just smart.  Brock was using a bitless training bridle on Bella.  He had her spinning in circles.  I think Brock was half joking, but he asked if I wanted to ride her.  Like I am going to turn that opportunity down!!  So, I tried to climb on, but me being a whole whopping 5'2" (with boots on...), I still needed the mounting block.  Brock said she has never seen one before, but she needs to learn. So, I grabbed the mounting block, stepped up and I was on!  She didn't even flinch.  I was SOOO excited (seriously, having waited for her birth, then caring for her for the past 3 years. It is like having a kid that is completely potty trained ( I would say graduating from high school, but I haven't had the experience yet, so potty trained is one of our biggest accomplishments. haha)).  I walked her for a bit, then moved to a fast walk, then a trot.  She shied sideways in her trot coming next to the wires for the practice cutting cow, but I pulled her to a stop, recollected and then we took off again.  I felt pretty darn comfortable riding her.  In fact, so comfortable, I think she is going to be a keeper.  She has the Raven smarts, the beautiful think long mane and tail, thick feather on the backs of her legs, the sweetest face, not to mention her personality.  She loves people.  But she also has the get up a go from her dam's side.  She is going to be so much fun.
We have been dreaming the last year or so of having her and Palmer trained to drive as a pair.  Their strides are so in tune being full siblings, they would make a stunning pair.  We are also going to see about having Airiah trained to drive.  She looks 100% Friesians, is a very tall, well built mare.

While we were at B&B, I had them add Shadow to their list for ground work training.  We need to get her started with some basics.  Like her dam, she is going to be a huge mare!

I was really hoping to get out and ride today, but that is not going to happen.  It is pretty cold and the snow has been coming down all morning.  Didn't I see that we had the first day of spring last week? I am SO ready for warm weather.

Well, off to get some house work done.  I thoroughly cleaned this house all day Friday, but it looks like a tornado went through here, ate a bunch of food and left a huge mess in my kitchen, not to mention a ton of dirt dishes.  How does that happen?!  UGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment